Buying jewelry may be a frustrating, time-consuming, and unpleasant experience if you do not have the correct knowledge. Fabrication is common in the jewelry business, and raising knowledge about them is necessary to prevent them.

It is crucial to understand the metal quality while selecting jewelry. Moreover, in addition to identifying high-quality jewelry materials, it is essential to recognize the stamps and hallmarks on each of your jewelry items.

Many pieces of jewelry have various symbols and characters stamped on them, and while we may recognize many of them, we rarely understand what they mean.

These markings, which vary depending on the type of jewelry, are intended to educate you about the purity of the metal used in that piece of jewelry.

As it is prohibited to designate a piece of jewelry as something it is not, these letters and symbols have made it easy to tell the difference between real and fake.

So have you ever come across jewelry bearing the RL 925 stamp? Let us have a look at what this means.

What does RL mean on jewelry?

If your jewelry is stamped with RL, it basically refers to its designer, Ralph Lauren. Ralph Lauren Corporation is a publicly-traded American fashion company founded by American fashion designer Ralph Lauren in 1967. 

The company is based in New York City and produces a wide range of jewelry in addition to other fashion items. RL has a reputable name in the jewelry industry because of its exquisite jewelry.

What does RL 925 mean on gold jewelry?

Usually, the stamps on jewelry determine the designer and the purity of the metal used in that particular piece. While RL stands for the jewelry designer, 925 symbolizes the purity of gold.

The 925 stamp on the jewelry indicates that it is not solid gold. 925 is a standard symbol for sterling silver, and it indicates that 92.5 % of the piece is made up of silver, with the remaining 7.5% being made up of other elements.

What is RL on sterling silver? 

The letter RL imprinted on the silver sterling jewelry indicates that it is manufactured by the designer Ralph Lauren and picked from its silver sterling collection.

What does RL 925 China mean on jewelry?

The 925 China is a common hallmark for sterling silver. If your gold jewelry has a 925 China stamp, it comprises 92.5 % gold-plated sterling silver. The remaining 7.2 % is made up of other metal components.

The 925 mark refers to the basic silver quality but has nothing to do with gold plating or outer gold coating. If you have gold jewelry with a 925 China stamp, it is gold vermeil, which is silver jewelry with a thin layer of gold on top. 


If you want to buy jewelry but are not sure how to tell the difference between authentic and imitation pieces, this article may have been of great help. 

You are ready to start shopping for jewelry after learning about RL 925, 92.5 % sterling silver jewelry designed by Ralph Lauren.

Check out our article on What does PAJ BB mean on Jewelry?

Write A Comment